SUBMITTED 148,000 SIGNATURES TO H.I.S. - PLEASE DO NOT DESTROY TROPICAL FORESTS WITH YOUR PALM OIL POWER PLANT!
Protesting against the construction of the palm oil-fired power plant that H.I.S., a Japanese travel agency is currently constructing in Kakuda City, Miyagi Prefecture, Friends of the Earth Japan, together with other environmental NGOs, submitted 148,588 signatures.
The petition points out that palm oil destroying tropical forests and peatlands in the developmnet of oil palm plantations during production, with the high emissions of greenhouse gases through land use, conversion, processing and transportation. In addition, the enormous increase in demand for biomass power generation is also pointed out.
- 2020-04-14 Energy
- Q and A on ‘Treated Water’ Containing Radioactive materials
- 2020-03-26 Finance
- [Press Release] NGOs urge 51 investors to divest from Mitsubishi Corporation which promotes coal-fired power generation
- 2020-03-11 Energy
- Statement on 9th Anniversary of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster
- 2020-03-02 Finance
- Don’t support Vung Ang 2 coal-fired power project in Vietnam with public money Japanese government must reconsider export policy including planned projects
- 2020-02-01 Finance
- [Request Letter] Please do not support the Vung Ang 2 coal-fired power generation project in Vietnam