While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2018-03-13 Finance
- Press Release: Urgent Petition Submitted to Minister of Finance and JBIC by Environmental Groups- Exporting dirty coal fired power plants to Vietnam is against the Paris Agreement
- 2017-11-15 Finance
- [Urgent Statement] Objection to Japanese and South Korean Government and Companies Supporting the construction of new coal power plants in Vietnam
- 2017-11-14 Finance
- [Urgent Statement]Cirebon Coal Power Expanstion: Japanese Groups Strongly Object to JBIC Premature Loan Disbursement, Ingoring the People’s Lawsuit to be Ready
- 2017-07-28 Finance
- Joint Letter to JBIC: Do not finance FLNG project in Mozambique
- 2017-05-29 Finance
- “Stop Funding Cirebon Coal Plant-Unit 2!” Indonesian Local Residents Came Over to Japan to File their Objection, JBIC Decided to Finance the Indonesian Coal Plant Project Despite the Residents’ Victory in District Court