While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2017-03-27 Finance
- 280 CSOs from 47 Countries Call on Japan to Reject Financing for Cirebon and Indramayu Coal Plants in West Java, Indonesia
- 2017-03-01 Finance
- Japanese and Singaporean banks step in to finance Indonesian coal plant in face of opposition from communities and environmentalists
- 2017-02-08 Finance
- JBIC’s Examiners Start Detailed Investigation on a Complaint Lodged by Indonesian Villagers who are Suffering the Damages to Livelihood Caused by Cirebon Coal-fired Power Plant
- 2017-02-06 Finance
- Joint Statement by Japanese NGOs concerning Killings of Leaders of Lumad and Farmer in the Philippines (19 organization/networks endorsed)
- 2017-01-11 Finance
- Friends of the Earth International Statement: In solidarity with peaceful protest against US military construction in Okinawa and requesting the release of Hiroji Yamashiro